Cerdd Cymru : Music Wales is a partnership between Welsh Music Foundation and Wales Arts International and Arts Council of Wales, that brings together the music industry and musicians in Wales to develop international opportunities that benefit Wales economically and culturally.
Cerdd Cymru : Music Wales has three aims:
1) Accelerate the export ready music sector of Wales
2) Promote music from Wales internationally
3) Bring the world stage to Wales
To achieve this, Cerdd Cymru : Music Wales
• will be a strategic partnership between Welsh Music Foundation and Wales Arts International and Arts Council of Wales
• will develop and deliver projects that meet the aims of Cerdd Cymru : Music Wales
• will develop further working partnerships with other organisations who have the same vision and can bring expertise and knowledge to Cerdd Cymru : Music Wales projects
• will develop projects that support its core values of creativity, quality, market readiness, sustainability and legacy
Over the next two years it will be working to offer:
*Ways for music enterprises and musicians to develop skills, best practice and contacts necessary to trade internationally
*Opportunities to for export ready companies and musicians to trade or showcase at key international showcases
*Better provision of information for professionals wanting to find out more about the music sector in Wales
*Continuing professional development for internationally-facing enterprises and musicians to maintain best practice
Cardiff Council, Cardiff and Co, Motorpoint Arena and Wales Millennium Centre are Directors of Cerdd Cymru : Music Wales and it is supported by the Welsh Government and British Council.
Cerdd Cymru : Music Wales is working in partnership with musicians and the music industry in Wales, the UK and internationally, to develop international opportunities that benefit Wales economically and culturally, one of which is WOMEX 2013 Cardiff.
For further information please visit www.cerddcymru.com or email email@example.com