This page helps you find out if your organisation is eligible to apply to us for funding.
As the national arts development and funding organisation for Wales, we’re determined to see our funding being used for the benefit of the people of Wales.
Naturally we want our funding to go to the best arts projects. And as guardians of public money we also need to satisfy ourselves that we’re funding effective, well-managed organisations with experience and skills to manage projects successfully.
We also want to be certain that funded organisations are able to demonstrate the impact of the artistic work they produce and deliver.
Can your organisation apply to us for funding?
Although we try to make our application processes as user friendly as possible, we know that putting together a strong application takes time and effort. We therefore try to discourage from the outset any organisations that are not likely to be eligible for our support.
The checklist below will help you to find out if your organisation is eligible to apply for funding. If you are eligible you’ll be able to register to use our online application system. However, even if you’re ineligible for funding we’ll do our best to offer advice on how to find other support for your project.
Your organisation is likely to be eligible if you can answer "Yes" to all of the following statements:
- We are a professional arts organisation based in Wales.
- We are a charitable or not-for-profit organisation and have a written constitution that includes provision of artistic activity (or comparable terms).
- We can provide evidence of our track record of delivering arts activity for audiences or participants. (By this we mean people who attend galleries, theatres and other arts events, and those who join in workshops or other artistic activities.)
- We have an Equal Opportunities Policy that’s been reviewed by our board or management committee within the last three years. We can provide evidence that we reflect equality and diversity in our artistic programming and our day to day planning and operations.
- We are not in default on any financial agreement with Arts Council of Wales.
Your organisation has a bank account in the organisation’s name with the names of at least two authorised signatories and, if it has been in existence for over two years, holds accounts that cover the previous two financial years.